Welcome to Meaningful Moadim
- Index 2
- Tu BiShevat - The New Year of the Trees >
Mishenichnas Adar Marbim BeSimcha
- A Purim Thought
- Mazal Adar Dagim - The Month of Adar is Symbolized by Fish
- More on Mazel Adar Dagim
- The First of "the Four Parshiyos" - Parshas Shekalim
- The Month of Adar and Purim >
- Why Megillas ESTHER?
- Purim and Prayer >
- The Most Unhappiest Queen of them all
- Purim and Charity
- Making Purim Last Throughout the Year
- Story: The Purim of Saragosa
KISLEV - Great Expectations
What is Chanukah?
The Name of the Holiday
- Chanukah: Renewal
- Why is Shehechiyanu recited only on the first night of Chanukah?
- Biblical Allusions
- Another explanation of the name Chanukah
- Ve-Al Hnissim, not Al Hanissim
- Mai Chanukah?
- Bais Shamai and Bais Hillel (2)
- Mazal Kislev Keshes
- Why didn't the Kohanim themselves defile the oil if everyone was tamei, ritually impure due to the war? >
- The Name of the Holiday >
- What is Chanukah? >
- We blow the Shofar Throughout the Month of Elul
- Shofar Throughout the Month of Elul
- Reconnecting with our Father in Heaven
- Month of Teves: Catastrophic Events
Chanukah: The Festival of Lights
- TAKING A MOMENT OUT FOR A CHANUKAH THOUGHT >
Are we celebrating the victory over the Greeks or the Miracle of the Oil?
- Miracle Oil?
- The Jewish People Are Above Nature
- The Light of the Jewish Soul Glows on Chanukah
- Chanukah: A Winter Festival
- Chanukah: A War of Conflicting Philosophies >
- Why was a holiday established specifically for the war that led to the Chanukah miracle?
- U’Leamcha Yisrael Assisa Teshua Gedola U’furkan K’Hayom Hazeh…
- Give the Gift of LIGHT!
Customs, Symbols & Observances
- The Shamash >
- Putting Away the Menorah?
- Recommended Reading